Church Administration Ministry
This is our annual meeting of Georgia Baptist Association of Ministry Assistants. Large group times and smaller break out conferences will be offered including topics on both professional, personal and spiritual development.
- $95 Conference Fee
- $83 – double occupancy room plus 4 meals (per person)
- $113 – single occupancy room plus 4 meals (per person)
- $69 – commuter fee (includes 4 meals)
- Extra night stay – $29 double occupancy, $59 single occupancy
- Thursday breakfast for early arrivers – $8 per person
9-10 am: Registration
10-11:45 am: Opening session/time with Sandra Sartor
12:00-1:00 pm: Lunch
1:15-2:30 pm: Workshop options
2:45-4:00 pm: Workshop options
4:15-5:30 pm: Workshop options
6:30 pm banquet
7:30 am: Breakfast
9-10:15 am: Workshop options
10:30-11:45 am: Workshop options
12:00-12:30 pm: Closing session
12:30 pm lunch
Featured Speaker – Sandra Sartor
Sandra has been an instructor for LifeWay Christian Resources for 30 years and also served as their ministry assistants specialist for 17 years. Her training style is vibrant and down-to-earth using her sense of humor and skill at storytelling to make training interesting. She encourages the use of today’s technology while embracing the integrity of time-honored customer service and office skills that empower church and church-related offices to positively impact those they support and serve.
Featured Speaker – Diane Parker
Diane Dianne Parker will hold your attention with her relevant Bible teaching, her glimpses into life and her humor. Add to this a powerful belief in her call to women in the pew and a passion for teaching what God has taught her and you will sit riveted to your seat.
Questions: Email Dana Sharitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-936-5274.
This is the second phase of the Ministry Safe training. It will be taught by Kimberlee Norris.
In ministry programs, we have responsibility for children in our care. Screening job applicants and volunteers is an important responsibility for managers, coordinators and administrators, but how can we distinguish between a dangerous individual and an appropriate candidate ready to serve?
Is it possible to keep the wolf out of the sheep pen?
Child sexual abuse is an ‘equal opportunity employer’—it cuts across all demographics, racial profiles, socioeconomics, geographic areas and age groups.
Less than 10 percent of child sexual abusers are criminally prosecuted; 90 percent, therefore, have no criminal history to check.
Hiring and screening personnel must be trained to recognize high-risk responses, which indicate that an individual may be a danger to children served by the ministry.
Church Administration Ministry seeks to strengthen churches by equipping leaders
through relevant resources in order to comply with applicable laws and Biblical mandates.
For an easy-to-remember outline of what we do, think of the word “FORMS”
Financial, Organizational, Relational, and Managerial.
Ministry Based Budgeting
Ministers Tax Information
Church Payroll & Benefits
Policies & Procedures
Personnel & Volunteer Support
Ministers Job Descriptions
Ministry Job Descriptions
Building & Grounds
Policies & Procedures
Facilities Planning Assistance
Child Protection Policies
Church Security Issues
Church Office Administration
GA Baptist Association of Administrative Assistants (GBAMA)
Church Information Systems
The Church Administration Ministry team seeks to build partnerships and relationships with churches and associations to provide a biblical church administration ministry that address facilities, legal, insurance, investment, planning, and tax matters.
Constitution and By Laws
Policies and Procedures
Financial Policies and Procedures
State Missionary Support
501c3 letter requests
Georgia Baptist Association of Ministry Assistants (GBAMA)
Click the banner for information on the 2017 GBAMA Conference!
The Georgia Baptist Association of Ministry Assistants is a professional support organization open to those serving as Administrative Assistants or Ministry Assistants in local Georgia Baptist churches, associations and agencies. Also the organization is open to those who serve as an Administrative Assistant and is a member of a Georgia Baptist Church. GBAMA has an annual meeting in the spring of each year which provides opportunity for professional development and personal enrichment. Find the organization on Facebook.
- President: Nancy Crowe, member of Bethany Church, Snellville; retired Ministry Assistant Gwinnett Metro Baptist Association
- First Vice-President: Diane Bell; Executive Administrative Assistant with Pastoral Institute, Columbus, GA; member of Bethesda Church, Ellerslie, GA
- Second Vice-President: Beth Unchurch; Ministry Assistant and member New Life Church, Metter, GA
- Secretary-Treasurer: Kathy Bishop; Ministry Assistant and member, Midway West Church, Carrollton, GA
- Historian: Brenda Sue Davis; retired Ministry Assistant and member, First Baptist Church, Lawrenceville, GA
Click any topic below to quickly navigate to the resources:
Church Financial Policies
- Accountable Reimbursement Sample Policy
- Church Credit Card Usage Sample Policy
- Church Financial Benevolence Ministry (booklet)
- Church Financial Policies (booklet)
- Financial Assistance Request Form
- Financial Records Review
- Scholarship Fund Policy
- Transportation Sample Policy
Handling the Church’s Money Correctly
- Benevolence Application
- Benevolence Policy and Procedure – Sample
- Church Contribution Credit
- Church Records Retention Schedule
- Handling the Church’s Money
- Mission Trips, A Review of the Tax Consequences
- Preparing for an IRS Audit
Federal and State Payroll Reporting Requirements
- Depositing Employment Taxes – How To
- Guidestone Financial Resources, SBC
- W-2 or Form 1099-MISC, Employee vs. Self-employed
Federal Record Keeping Requirements
- Car, Truck, Boat Donations to Church – Substantiation Requirements
- Church Financial Records Retention Table
- Church Retirement Plan New IRS Regulations
- Payroll Reporting Requirements Checklist
- Record-Keeping Requirements for Benevolence Assistance
- Record-Keeping Requirements for Churches
- Record Keeping Requirements – Length of Time
- Unrelated Business Income Taxes
- 403(b) Regulations
- Church Fundraisers
- Church Treasurer Challenges
- Church Treasurer Duties
- Depositing Federal Payroll Taxes
- IRS Warns Churches not to Intervene in Political Campaigns
- Living in a Parsonage
- Ministerial Privileged Communication
- Short-Term Church-Sponsored Mission Trips
Church Incorporation and Liability Reduction
Constitution & By-Laws
These samples are available to you for drafting and building a church constitution and by-laws.
- Constitution Sample (PDF)
- By-Laws Sample (PDF)
- Elder Led Church Constitution and ByLaws
- What a church needs to know about the same sex marriage decision (PDF)
- Protecting Your Ministry Legal Guide
- Church Personnel Policy Topics
- Consent Form for Your Church to Provide References
- Interviewing Applicants for Church Support Staff Positions
- Minimum Wage and Youth Labor Laws
- Ministerial Compensation Worksheet
- Ministerial Privileged Communication
- Record-Keeping Requirements for Employees
- Sexual Harassment Sample Policy
- Tax Concerns for New Ministers
- US Department of Labor Poster Advisor
Church Staff Compensation
- 2016 SBC Compensation Survey
- 2017 Standard Mileage Rate
- Educational Assistance for Church Employees – Sample Plan
- Employees Insurance Plans
- Planning Financial Support for Church Staff
- Social Security Basics for Ministers and Churches
- Taxable Wages
Employee Evaluation Sample forms are available for you and your staff. The purpose of the performance evaluation is to inform the employee how well they are doing and evaluate areas for improvement.
- Employee Performance Evaluation Overview
- Employee Evaluation Form – Long Version
- Employee Evaluation Form – Short Version
- Child Protection – Facts, Policies, and Planning
- Ministry Safe – link coming soon!
- See Church Facilities Consultation Tab above
CHURCH FACILITY ANALYSIS AND CONSULTATION
The goal of the CFA&C is to provide a church with information needed to provide a healthy balance of all space in order to facilitate and accommodate future growth.
“Our CFA&C consultant provided a professional and personal approach to analyzing our space challenges. He presented creative solutions which made the process of designing new facilities a pleasant experience! He knew what questions to ask, and provided the information we needed to make wise decisions with confidence!”
Todd Wright, Lead Pastor
Villa Rica, Ga
Isaiah 54:2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.”
HOW CAN A CHURCH FACILITY ANALYSIS AND CONSULTATION ASSIST YOUR CHURCH?
“The first step in leading the church toward growth, health and vitality.”
Is your church out of space? Are you looking to build another building? Are you planning on relocating your church facilities? Are you planning on remodeling? How much space to you actually have? Do you need to make better use of the present space?
Providing excellent quality and the appropriate quantity of space for worship, Sunday School, fellowship, parking and land are crucial elements in planning for the growth of your church. Knowing your space potential and limitations will assist you in your planning for future growth, use of facilities and the development of future facilities.
The Church Facility Analysis and Consultation will help you understand the purpose of space, how to effectively use existing space, and how to plan for future space needs.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A CHURCH FACILITY ANALYSIS AND CONSULTATION?
“An investment that is worth the cost and the effort.”
Contact Alan Folsom in Church Administration Ministry to inquire about a CFA&C, email@example.com.
Indicate what type of service that your are requesting.
- General Space Evaluation: Condition and Usage
- Facilities and Space Needs & Usage: How much space you need for levels of attendance
- Comprehensive Evaluation for pre-planning for building and/or relocating
Send in all forms requested forms and information to Church Administration Ministry. The assigned consultant will follow up with you on the process
A CFA&C Consultant will be assigned to your church:
We have several trained and qualified individuals across the state that have experience in church building and facilities analysis. The assigned CFA&C Consultant will contact you to arrange the date and time for the actual on-site consultation.
On-site Consultation Confirmation:
The CFA&C Consultant will send a confirmation letter or email for the date and time of the on-site consultation. It is not required but it would be helpful for you to respond to the confirmation and include directions to the church as well a floor plan of your church facilities including all rooms. This does not have to be an architectural drawing. It can be hand drawn it helps just to know where all the rooms are located.
CFA&C is performed on-site:
The CFA&C Consultant will meet with the pastor (& others, if previously arranged) at the agreed upon time. The consultation generally will last a minimum of two hours. During the on-site consultation the CFA&C Consultant will need to meet privately with the pastor, share the preliminary CFA&C report for discussion with those enlisted by the pastor and finally tour the church facilities and grounds.
CFA&C Final Report will be sent to the pastor. This CFA&C Final Report will include:
- Statistical history of your church for the past 10 years with charts.
- Present space needs analysis for Sunday School/Small Groups, worship, fellowship, parking, land usage and a summary.
- A detailed study of all Sunday School/Small Group classes that can be used to make adjustments in room assignments.
- Projections of your church’s growth over the next 5 years.
- Recommendations on Sunday School/Small Group, worship and parking spaces needed to reach specific growth goals.
- Customized observations and recommendations related to the needs of the church buildings.
Download the following Forms:
Check out what having an analysis would do for your church click here.
Church Facilities Vendor List
Church Facility Helps:
Church Building – Rules of Thumb
For Assistance Contact: Dana Sharitt – firstname.lastname@example.org