Cooperative Program, Stewardship & Mission Georgia
The Cooperative Program (CP) is the most effective and efficient channel through which Georgia Baptist churches support global missions and work together to take the message and ministry of Jesus to our state, the nation, and the world.
Cooperative Program & Stewardship
Cooperative Program Advancement & Endowment
State Missionary Support
State Missionary Support
Cooperative Program Emphasis Sunday
Cooperative Program—The financial plan of the Southern Baptist Convention through which churches of the Convention support the missions, educational, and benevolent work of the state conventions and the SBC.
The Cooperative Program is a financial channel of cooperation between the state Baptist conventions and the Southern Baptist Convention that includes support for missionaries and missions work of Southern Baptists in North America and around the world. This united approach to mission support began in 1925.
State Baptist conventions keep a percentage of the Cooperative Program funds channeled through their offices to support the missions work they conduct. More than 70 percent of the funds received by the Southern Baptist Convention are used to support the work of the International Mission Board and North American Mission Board.
Order Print Resources
These are free printed resources available to all GBC churches. We offer a wide selection and include free delivery.
Order Digital Resources
These are free digital resources that you can download from your computer and print. Available to all GBC churches.
(digital resources coming soon)
Cooperative Program What is accomplished through our Cooperative Program giving?
- Church strengthening ministries across Georgia, including the training and equipping of leaders in Sunday School, Discipleship, Men’s Ministries, Youth Ministries, Leadership Ministries, Music & Worship, and more.
- Mobilizing volunteers to be involved in missions partnerships with the Yukatan, Metro New York, California, and Moscow-St. Petersburg, Russia
- Campus ministries sharing the gospel and discipling students on more than 50 college campuses across the state
- Disaster Relief ministries, including the training and sending of volunteers who are equipped to assist in a variety of disaster relief efforts
- Conference Centers, beautiful and fully equipped, in Norman Park and Toccoa
- Partnership with Baptist associations across Georgia to reach the unreached in our own mission field here in Georgia
- Through the International Mission Board (www.imb.org) you are supporting 4,843 missionaries who are engaging more than 809 different people groups around the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- New churches numbering over 1,400 were planted through the efforts of more than 5,000 North American missionaries, whose efforts are coordinated through your North American Mission Board (www.namb.net) and individual state conventions.
- Six Southern Baptist seminaries (Southern, Southeastern, Midwestern, Southwestern, Golden Gate, and New Orleans) educate in excess of 15,500 pastors, missionaries, and future church leaders each year.
CP Endowment Fund The CP Fund is a one-stop method of funding the largest number of needs, as it is distributed among our 10,000+ Southern Baptist missionaries and used in our multiple ministries across Georgia, North America and around the world.
The Cooperative Program Endowment Missions Fund has been established to ensure present and future generations that our witness for Christ will not fade. We can make a difference now and until Jesus comes. Individuals, families, churches, associations and corporations can all participate in leaving a spiritual legacy. The following are just a few ways in which this can be accomplished:
- Estate planning
- Charitable gifts and bequests
Although many worthy charitable opportunities are available for consideration, the Cooperative Program Endowment Fund offers the assurance that nothing will be wasted and everything will go to advance God’s work. Every donation is deposited in an account under the direction of capable and experienced personnel through the Georgia Baptist Foundation.
For more information: Email John Bryan.
Stewardship Conferences Available through GBC:
- Money Management (resources offered)
- Church Stewardship Ministry Team Development
- Stewardship Education
- Mission Support
Conferences and consultations can also be custom-designed for your church on managing church finances, ministry-based budgeting and stewardship education and development. For more information, contact:
Cooperative Program, Stewardship & Mission Georgia Development
Georgia Baptist Convention
6405 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, GA 30097
800-746-4422 ext. 241
Email John Bryan or Buck Burch
To schedule a seminar or conference in your local church, please contact your Regional State Missionaries:
- North: Charles Drummond 706-210-7826
- Middle: Harris Malcom 229-591-2703
- South: Mike Everson 229-244-6700
- Crown Financial Ministries/Christian Financial Concepts
1-800-722-1976 or 770-534-1000
http://crown.org / http://cfcministry.org
- Christian Stewardship Association
- Southern Baptist Stewardship Development Association
- PastorLife.com (stewardship sermon resources)
- Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee
- LifeWay Resources
- Stewardship and Cooperative Program Resources
- Facts/Figures, Resources, Statistics on Stewardship
- Personal Money Management
- Capital Fund Raising/Church Financial Services, GBC
- Estate Stewardship/Wills, GBC (Email: John Bryan)
- Biblical Generosity Resources
- Biblical Principles (personal stewardship conference)