Here are the highlights of our web site design:
1. Responsive Design – A responsive design is one that adjusts for the device it is being viewed on. Whether on your smart phone, pad, laptop or desktop, our site will fit any screen it is presented on.
2. Better Navigation – The main navigation menu is much smaller, many pages being replaced by tabs which means only one page to load for each ministry area, and we added a ‘Quick Search A to Z’ sidebar to help you find exactly what you are looking for with one click from the home page.
3. Streamlined Content – Believe it or not, we have reduced the total number of web pages from 670 pages on the previous site to less than 100 pages on this site! One creative way we accomplish this was by turning multiple pages of content into downloadable ebooks…
4. Powerful Calendar – With month, agenda, poster board, and category views, you can browse this calendar any way you wish. You can subscribe to the calendar in your personal calendar ( iCal, Outlook, etc.). You can also register and pay for an event directly on the event’s detail page!
5. Improved eStore – Larger pictures, better descriptions and easier navigation enhances your shopping experience. Create a log-in to manage your wishlist and streamline your shopping cart checkout. You can even share what you find using the social networking tools included on each item’s detail page!
6. A to Z Quick Search – We’ve never found a web site search tool that really works, except to generate complaints about not working! So we have opted to build a quick search tool instead. It in located on every page in the right side bar. With the use of alphabetical anchor links it truly is a ‘quick search’. Keep in mind, this list is not exhaustive and we welcome suggestions for items that should be included in this menu.
7. More Bells & Whistles – We have made our site socially friendly by offering sharing links on all estore produces and social links on every ministry’s staff page (if they have social links). We have moved all our videos to Vimeo which makes it easier for you to share and download GBC videos. We have also integrated Google maps throughout the site. All this built on the largest and most popular web platform in the world – WordPress!