Collegiate Ministry assists churches and associations in reaching, discipling, and mobilizing every student on every college and university campus in Georgia.
I couldn’t be more proud of Teresa Royall, our Baptist campus minister at Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta. She ministers in the midst of one of our most culturally-diverse BCMs and recently shared with our staff a series of experiences that impacted her and motivated her to minister more effectively. This is written from […]
As our high school seniors become graduates, it is both a difficult time and one for celebration in the life of a church. That reality is even more difficult this year with the effects of COVID-19. Many of the traditional “rites of passage” simply don’t exist right now. Graduation services are virtual and seem hollow […]
Georgia Baptist Premier Events
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- First and foremost, we must model the kind of growing discipleship that we are encouraging in our students. We must continually be students of scripture and our professional skills.
- We must communicate regularly and effectively with the vital stakeholders of our ministry.
- We must develop a holistic discipleship program in each BCM that embraces students “where they are” as disciples and encourages them to grow further.
- We must train this generation of BCM leaders in such a way that they will be healthy and effective church leaders – now and following their graduation.
- We must train and give opportunities for students to effectively and energetically share the Gospel – utilizing their ever-deepening discipleship and giftedness to impact lostness on our campus(es).
- We must provide students with opportunities for missions and ministry experiences and help them to understand the relationship between growing discipleship and Christian service.
- We must resource the churches as they develop church-based collegiate ministries and partner with those church ministries to develop strategies that reach all collegians in our association/town/area.
- We must be effective managers and stewards of the financial and building resources entrusted to us by the GBMB, local associations, and churches.
BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministries)
BCM is a dynamic partnership with the associations and churches of the Georgia Baptist Mission Board to reach university and college students for Jesus Christ.
WHAT WE DO
- Assisting churches and associations with the development of their ministries with collegians.
- BCMs provide opportunities throughout the year for students to become aware of churches that are interested in involving and ministering to collegians.
- Campus ministers are available to assist churches in collegiate ministry training and speaking opportunities.
- Students (and sometimes student teams) are available who are gifted in music, drama, sign language, DiscipleNow leadership, and other skills. Contact your nearest Campus Minister about these students and teams.
- Returning student missionaries are an excellent source of programming for Sunday night services, Wednesday evenings, and children’s mission activities.
- Students are an almost inexhaustible source of energy for associational mission projects and ministries.
- They also receive valuable experiences in missions that will positively impact the Kingdom of God in the churches they join in the future.
- For those Baptists who like to cook – college students are an endless source of willing “testers” for your latest recipes. Meals and snacks at BCM events are always a blessing for the students, but also provide a great opportunity for churches to fellowship with students in order to invite them to be a part of their churches on Sundays and Wednesday evenings.
FIND A BCM ON YOUR CAMPUS
Click on any school logo to open details…
Middle Georgia State University