Collegiate Ministry assists churches and associations in reaching, discipling, and mobilizing every student on every college and university campus in Georgia.
Baptist Collegiate Ministry is the on-campus, cooperative ministry effort of Georgia Baptist churches to advance the gospel on every college and university campus in Georgia. BCM is Christ-led with a high view of Scripture. The five priorities of Georgia BCM are: 1. Evangelism2. Discipleship3. Missions 4. Local church involvement5. Leadership development Guided by these five priorities, […]
By Joe Graham Georgia Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM) builds bridges to the college and university campuses of Georgia. The bridges go from Georgia Baptist churches to the campus and from the campus back to the churches. A BCM is not a church – it is the ministry on campus that represents all Baptist churches in […]
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- First and foremost, we must model the kind of growing discipleship that we are encouraging in our students. We must continually be students of scripture and our professional skills.
- We must communicate regularly and effectively with the vital stakeholders of our ministry.
- We must develop a holistic discipleship program in each BCM that embraces students “where they are” as disciples and encourages them to grow further.
- We must train this generation of BCM leaders in such a way that they will be healthy and effective church leaders – now and following their graduation.
- We must train and give opportunities for students to effectively and energetically share the Gospel – utilizing their ever-deepening discipleship and giftedness to impact lostness on our campus(es).
- We must provide students with opportunities for missions and ministry experiences and help them to understand the relationship between growing discipleship and Christian service.
- We must resource the churches as they develop church-based collegiate ministries and partner with those church ministries to develop strategies that reach all collegians in our association/town/area.
- We must be effective managers and stewards of the financial and building resources entrusted to us by the GBMB, local associations, and churches.