Thanks for your willingness to be a Mission Georgia Volunteer and serve Christ by helping those in need or missional opportunities.
Currently the Georgia Baptist Mission Board is connecting volunteers to opportunities to help with the impact related to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma in Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas.
Volunteers will be connected to local churches, associations, or organizations that are seeking help for their church, church members, and their communities. This work may be varied and may include general cleanup from wind/water damage, removal of debris, mud-outs, and other services. The host church will advise regarding the type of work/help is needed.
Note that by filling out the form and submitting as a volunteer, you understand that:
- You are a volunteer (group) looking for a place to serve and assist those in need.
- You will be connected to a host church or local contact to coordinate your effort.
- A team leader will be expected to manage your group and report to the host church or local contact.
- As volunteer, you are responsible for your own tools and equipment. Work may include wind and water damage.
- You are responsible for your own insurance, transportation, housing and meals (meals may be provided by host church).
- All volunteers mush be 18 years of age or older.
Please view the following Disaster Relief videos:
The information you provide below will help us in our planning.
We will contact you when we have specific opportunities for you to serve. Please be patient, in the case of disaster response, we often must wait until the water recedes, law enforcement opens the counties affected, and the residents have returned. Your patience is one of the greatest attributes you can give, because there is no perfect plan for responding to disasters such as this.
If you prefer, you may contact us at 770-936-5343 to register. Please be prepared to provide the same information as below.
Please provide information that will allow us to coordinate with you. We appreciate your flexibility as coordinate volunteers and opportunities.