English as a Second Language, Dahlonega
This is training for a church or associational outreach ministry to teach conversational English while demonstrating and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with your students without knowing their languages.
The following safety measures will be taken due to COVID-19:
1) Chairs will be 6’ apart
2) Sanitizer will be available
3) Please bring your own mask.
First priority will be given to Dahlonega Baptist Church members. Others will be placed on waiting list, if necessary.
Saturday, November 14, 2020: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm; and
Saturday, November 21, 2020: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
(Must attend both days for full 11 hours of instruction for North American Mission Board certification.)
Dahlonega Baptist Church
234 Hawkins Street
Dahlonega, GA 30533 (Fellowship Hall – in the basement. Participants should enter from the rear parking lot.)
$20.00 (Includes Workshop Manual)
• Please make check payable to: “Dahlonega Baptist Church”
• Please note on the memo line of your check: “For ESL Workshop”
• Please mail your check to: Carol Woodford (167 Grand view St, Dahlonega, GA 30533)
• Workshop manuals will be ordered for those who have sent in their checks by November 1st.
• Please bring your own lunch.
Carol Woodford – (706) 348-3204
Friday, October 30, 2020.
1. According to the 2014-2018 update of the U.S. Census, the noted percentages of the population (5 years of age and above) in the following communities reflect those who speak a language other than English at home:
Alpharetta: 28.7 %
Sugar Hill: 32.3%
2. According to www.PeopleGroups.info, there are 950 people among Dahlonega’s 3 census tracts who are likely
interested in improving their conversational English skills. The 9 countries most represented are:
El Salvador: 99
Costa Rica: 19
For information about …
A. other workshops, please visit www.GaBaptist.org/LiteracyMissions;
B. hosting your own workshop, please contact …
Georgia Baptist Literacy Missions Consultant
Phone: (770) 979-0588
“ … and you are to love those who are aliens … “
– Deuteronomy 10:19