ESL Outreach Training, Lilburn
Training for a church or associational outreach ministry to teach conversational English while demonstrating and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with your students without knowing their languages.
- Friday, January 17, 2020, 6:00 pm – 9:15 pm
- Saturday, January 18, 2020, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- (You must attend all 11 hours of instruction for North American Mission Board certification.)
$25.00 (Includes Workshop Manual, and lunch on Saturday)
- Please make check payable to: “Calvary Baptist Church”
- Please note on the memo line of your check: “For ESL Workshop”
- Workshop manuals will be ordered for those who have sent in their checks by January 10.
According to the 2013-2017 U.S. Census updates, the noted percentages of the population (5 years of age and above) in the following cities reflect those who speak a language other than English at home:
Forest Park: 36.3%
Sugar Hill: 30.9%
According to www.PeopleGroups.info , there are at least 2,208 people in Calvary Baptist Church’s U.S. Census track alone who would likely want to improve their conversational English skills. The largest representation of the 17 countries represented among the foreign-born residents are:
El Salvador: 277
Mainland China: 20
For information about hosting your own workshop, please contact: Paulette DeHart, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“ … and you are to love those who are aliens …”
– Deuteronomy 10:19