Church and Individual Finance Strategy seeks to increase the financial security of churches and individuals by developing a strategy to promote the spiritual and moral responsibility of employer-provided protection benefits and individual responsibility and to increase the financial base and awareness of Mission:Dignity.
Church and Individual Finance Strategy will be more intentional in encouraging ministers and churches to take a greater personal responsibility in retirement and insurance planning to help overcome the looming financial crisis facing many ministers and their widows in the later years of ministry.
- Discuss the Biblical basis of individual financial planning responsibility and to meet with church staff members to discuss the need for general retirement planning and employer-provided benefits
- Discuss the need to contribute at least 15% of personal income to a retirement account and share general retirement withdrawal choices relating to personal retirement plan goals
- Teach general investment principles to help develop a suitable retirement fund and teach the importance of adequate insurance protection benefits
Local Church Strategy
- Share the Biblical basis for the church to provide protection benefits and offer to conference with church financial leadership about providing employer-provided benefits
- Encourage churches to provide employer-provided benefits including, but not limited to, retirement contributions, medical insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance, for all full-time employees and emphasize 10% of salary and housing allowance as an employer-provided retirement contribution goal
- Share with associational leadership the Biblical basis of employer-provided protection benefits and individual financial planning responsibility and challenge ministers about the importance of employer-provided benefits and individual financial planning responsibility.
- Encourage associations to model the 10% employer-provided retirement benefit and other employer-provided benefits so that local church financial leadership see first-hand the importance of employer-provided protection benefits and individual financial planning responsibility.
Georgia Baptist Mission Board Educational Strategy
- Facilitate a Biblical basis for church and individual financial planning responsibility and promote a Georgia Baptist Mission Board resolution encouraging member churches to provide at least a 10% employer-provided retirement benefit
- Teach individual financial planning principles and employer-provided protection benefits through general conferences, resource booths, ministry fairs, and retreats.
- Contact each Georgia Baptist church biannually to promote Mission:Dignity, a ministry to retired church workers struggling financially
- Help educate actively pastoring ministers of the importance of Mission:Dignity ministry.
A simple and free tool to help individuals get out of credit card debt https://powerpay.org/
FINRA is the financial industry regulatory authority. FINRA has a calculator that compares mutual funds against other mutual funds. http://www.finra.org/investors/prepare-invest
Offering a simple and easy to use investment calculator that projects how much money you need to save for retirement. https://www.daveramsey.com/smartvestor/investment-calculator
United State Consumer Protection Safety Commission
The latest information on scams and other consumer products. https://www.cpsc.gov/
Confused about which Medicare Supplement to select? Medicare.Gov has a tremendously helpful tool to assist you. https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/home.aspx
Certified Financial Planners Board
A learning center with various financials topics that are practical and beneficial to the novice and experienced learner. http://www.letsmakeaplan.org/learning-center
Practical Money Skills
A hands-on resource center created to help individuals with basic financial skills. http://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/learn
Social Security Administration
Social Security Information is always changing. Find the latest information here. https://www.ssa.gov/
GuideStone Financial Resources
GuideStone Financial Resources for Southern Baptist churches is a service to help churches and individuals with retirement and insurance needs. http://www.guidestone.org/
A ministry to help ministers and their widows that are struggling financially during their later years. One hundred percent of contributions directly help others. Click here!
Crown Financial Ministries
Helps provide financial coaches for individuals and churches. http://www.crown.org/