The biggest predictor of spiritual health as young adults is whether they read the Bible regularly as kids. – LifeWay Research [i]
Every Georgia Baptist Church is challenged to join us in an intentional Kids in the Word strategy to address Biblical illiteracy and to develop Bible Skills.
Join us in these 4 initiatives to help begin laying a foundation of Bible engagement:
1) Every Kid Has a Complete Bible (Old and New Testaments)
Your church can choose to do this in several ways:
– Give every kid in your Kids Ministry a Bible (Beginning of a new church year, Christmas, VBS)
– Give Kids in your church a Bible at certain milestones (When a child is born, baby dedication, entering first grade, when a child becomes a Christian, or when a kid promotes to the student ministry area)
2) Every Kid Knows the Books of the Bible.
Find over 100 great ideas for teaching books of the Bible on our Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/gabibledrill/boards/
3) Every Kid Reads a Book of the Bible during the same year.
For the summer of 2018 we are reading the book of Luke.
4) Every Kid Memorizes 10 Bible Verses.
1 John 4:19
The great part of this strategy is that:
- It can be done on Sundays or Wednesdays.
- It’s not a new program (Incorporate it into what you are already doing).
- It complements any church curriculum you are currently using.
- It can be done during the school year or summer.
- It can be done at church or home.
Let us know how your church is implementing this strategy.
[i] http://lifewayresearch.com/2017/10/17/young-bible-readers-more-likely-to-be-faithful-adults-study-finds/ or can use the cite the book: Nothing Less: Engaging Kids in a Lifetime of Faith by Jana Magruder
Every Georgia Baptist Church is challenged to join us in an intentional strategy to address Biblical illiteracy and to develop Bible Skills. It’s not a new strategy – incorporate it into what you’re already doing!
The purpose of Kids in the Word is to help churches in their mission of reaching and discipling the next generation. Churches will be encouraged to get their kids reading the Bible, memorizing scripture and developing Bible Skills.
Kids in the Word is a discipleship strategy focusing on developing Bible skills and the habit of reading God’s Word.