Right now VBS Directors are busy taking care of many details to make sure the week of VBS happens without any problems. But right now is also the time to make a commitment to form a connection group with unchurched families after VBS. If you’ve not already done so, meet with your Pastor and begin praying and planning for the new Connection Group. Here are some important steps to follow:
- Enlist a teacher for this class and choose a room where they can meet.
- Inform all the VBS workers about the purpose of this on-going Bible study group.
- Ask everyone to pray for the teacher as well as the parents who will be attending the new class.
- Publicize the new group during VBS registration.
- Identify unchurched families and connect them with the teacher as well as with other potential group members.
- Create opportunities during VBS Family Night for potential group members and the teacher to make connections.
On Saturday after VBS make sure each unchurched family is contacted and receives a personal invitation to participate in the group. If you didn’t provide Adult VBS, use the Adult curriculum for the first five weeks of the new connection group. This is a great way to continue the connections made during VBS.