Tent Rentals Available To Georgia Baptist Churches
Georgia Baptist Mission Board has available three tents (various sizes, including two newly-purchased tents!) for any Georgia Southern Baptist Church or Association that is having an evangelistic, outreach event. Usage of the tents have included church revivals, area-wide crusades, community outreach, fall festivals and holiday events, special speakers or musical events, Vacation Bible School, children’s camps, wild game dinners, picnics or barbecues, groundbreaking ceremonies, anniversary or homecoming celebrations, school fundraising auctions, and ministry at annual county or state fairs. Every year under the dome of the tents there are numerous salvations and re-dedications.
Tent Sizes & Fees:
- Small Tent: 40′ x 80′ seats approximately 500 theater style – Usage Fee: $650.00
- Medium Tent: 60′ x 90′ seats approximately 750 theater style – Usage Fee: $900.00
- Large Tent: 60′ x 150′ seats approximately 1000 to 1250 people depending on set-up – Usage Fee: $1150.00
- $150.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a tent.
- Each tent is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Rental fee balance is due 30 days prior to event date.
- Each tent is stored and transported in its own 16′ or larger trailer.
- Towing and pick-up of tents are the responsibility of the church. A vehicle with a 7-pin connector, a workable electric brake control, and 5,000 lbs. towing capacity and a 2-5/16″ ball is required to pull the trailer. In addition, the church is required to provide a crew of 12-15 strong people to assemble and disassemble the tent.
- Georgia Baptist Mission Board will provide a Tent Minister Supervisor to be present at both the set-up and take down of the tent.
- Set-up and take down on a Sunday is at the discretion of the Tent Minister Supervisor.
Contact for Reservations and Details:
770.936.5283 or 1.800.746.4422 (ext. 283)
Once you contact us, we will check the calendar for tent availability; and a contract and tent manual will be sent to you. It is important that you read the tent manual and make sure you are willing to comply with the requirements therein. If you are agreeable to the stated terms, you would sign the contract and return with your deposit. Providing a valid Certificate of Liability Insurance is also required prior to usage of the tent.
Why Rental Fees?
It is sometimes asked, “If this ministry is made possible by funds from the Cooperative Program – why is there a fee for using the tent(s)?”
This ministry is made possible (in part) by gifts through the Cooperative Program. Although the tents were purchased with Cooperative Fund Dollars, the maintenance and repair of tents and trailers, as well as covering the Volunteer Tent Minister travel expenses, are not entirely covered under Cooperative Program funds. We do however, strive to make the cost of using the tents as cost-efficient as possible to everyone.