Cooperative Program Giving and Stewardship
The Cooperative Program (CP) is the most effective and efficient channel through which Georgia Baptist churches support global missions and work together to take the message and ministry of Jesus to our state, the nation, and the world.
Cooperative Program Development
Cooperative Program Advancement & Endowment
State Missionary Support
State Missionary Support
For more information please visit > http://gogeorgia.net
Banquet at Cornerstone Baptist Church, Hartwell, on Saturday, March 4.
Assigned speakers will be in Hebron churches on Sunday, March 5.
Order Print Resources
These are free printed resources available to all Georgia Baptist Mission Board churches. We offer a wide selection and include free delivery.
Order Digital Resources
These are free digital resources that you can download from your computer and print. Available to all Georgia Baptist Mission Board churches.
(digital resources coming soon)
Cooperative Program What is the Cooperative Program?
The Cooperative Program is Southern Baptists’ unified plan of giving through which cooperating Southern Baptist churches give a percentage of their undesignated receipts in support of their respective state convention and the Southern Baptist Convention missions and ministries.
How does the Cooperative Program work?
- It begins with you! You give yourself first to God (II Cor. 8:5). Next, out of gratitude and obedience to God for what He has done for you, you commit to give back to Him, through your church, a portion of what He provides. This is commonly called a tithe and represents ten percent of your income (Lev. 27:30, Mal. 3:10).
- Your Church … decides the next step. Every year your church prayerfully decides how much of its undesignated gifts will be committed to reaching people in your state and around the world through The Cooperative Program. This amount is then forwarded to your Georgia Baptist Mission Board.
- Messengers at the Georgia Baptist Convention Annual Meetings … from your church and other churches across the state decide what percentage of Cooperative Program gifts contributed by local congregations are applied to your state missions and ministries. The percentage to be forwarded to the SBC for North American and international missions and ministries is also determined at this time.
- Messengers at the Southern Baptist Convention Annual Meeting … from across the country decide how the gifts received from the states will be distributed among SBC entities. These gifts are used by SBC entities to send and support missionaries, train pastors, and other ministry leaders; provide relief for retired ministers and widows; and address social, moral, and ethical concerns relating to our faith and families.
The bottom line – people around the world hear the gospel and receive Christ!
CP Endowment Fund The CP Fund is a one-stop method of funding the largest number of needs, as it is distributed among our 10,000+ Southern Baptist missionaries and used in our multiple ministries across Georgia, North America and around the world.
The Cooperative Program Endowment Missions Fund has been established to ensure present and future generations that our witness for Christ will not fade. We can make a difference now and until Jesus comes. Individuals, families, churches, associations and corporations can all participate in leaving a spiritual legacy. The following are just a few ways in which this can be accomplished:
- Estate planning
- Charitable gifts and bequests
Although many worthy charitable opportunities are available for consideration, the Cooperative Program Endowment Fund offers the assurance that nothing will be wasted and everything will go to advance God’s work. Every donation is deposited in an account under the direction of capable and experienced personnel through the Georgia Baptist Foundation.
For more information: Email John Bryan.
- Money Management (resources offered)
- Church Stewardship Ministry Team Development
- Stewardship Education
- Mission Support
Conferences and consultations can also be custom-designed for your church on managing church finances, ministry-based budgeting and stewardship education and development. For more information, contact:
Georgia Baptist Mission Board
Cooperative Giving and Stewardship Development
6405 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, GA 30097
800-746-4422 ext. 241
Email Scott Preissler.
To schedule a seminar or conference in your local church, please contact your Regional State Missionaries:
- North: Charles Drummond 706-210-7826
- Middle: Harris Malcom 229-591-2703
- South: Mike Everson 229-244-6700
- Crown Financial Ministries/Christian Financial Concepts
1-800-722-1976 or 770-534-1000
- Southern Baptist Stewardship Development Association
- PastorLife.com (stewardship sermon resources)
- Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee
- Stewardship and Cooperative Program Resources
- Facts/Figures, Resources, Statistics on Stewardship
- Personal Money Management
- Capital Fund Raising/Church Financial Services, Georgia Baptist Mission Board
- Estate Stewardship/Wills, Georgia Baptist Mission Board (Email: John Bryan)
- Biblical Generosity Resources
- Biblical Principles (personal stewardship conference)