Incident Management Team (IMT) Training
Bringing Help, Hope, & Healing! Transforming lives with the Gospel.
The Incident Management Team (IMT) is in many instances the first contact with disaster survivors and is a vital ministry in Bringing Help, Hope and Healing! The team supports the White Hat and assists the various deployed Georgia Baptist and other states disaster relief units assigned to the disaster. The IMT is the point of contact for area survivors, DR Volunteers, team leaders (Blue Hats) on-site and other Georgia Baptist Disaster Relief leaders. IMT volunteers meet with disaster survivors who request assistance, complete and submit necessary paperwork, and maintain required files. This team also coordinates with the host church, the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, local EMA, FEMA, local Associational Missionaries, and other agencies to assist the survivors in the disaster area.
IMT/Support Training introduces participants to the function of the IMT, as well as the roles and responsibilities within the unit.
Prerequisite: Completion of the Disaster Relief Introduction (DRI) in any ministry area or completion of the Disaster Relief Orientation (DRO) AND experience in the field.
NOTE: Recertification CANNOT be accomplished at this training.
IMT/Support training consists of two session:
• Session 1 – Friday Night (6:30 – 9:00 PM): This is an introduction to IMT/Support
• Session 2 – Saturday Morning (8:00 AM – 12:00 PM): This is the hands-on portion of the training
Online registration is easy:
- Click the link below for the orientation you want to register for.
- If this is the first time you have registered online, click the “Don’t have an account? Sign Up” to the right of the “Sign In” button.
- Complete the information and click “Create an Account”.
- You will receive an email with the information to activate your account and register for the event.
Privacy and Refund Policy for Training Events: Your information is held securely by the Fellowship One system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled payments.
You can register and pay online for events by their registration deadline. Once a paid registration has been processed online, it cannot be canceled online. If there are any problems or questions related to this, please contact the Disaster Relief office at 770-936-5254, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Disaster Relief, 4295 Brogdon Exchange, Suwanee, GA 30024-3980.