Have you ever come across a video on Facebook that you wanted to download? You probably realized pretty quickly that it’s not easy. There are some websites that you can access to help download Facebook videos, but those often leave cookies and other junk on your browsers. You don’t want to risk spyware or malware making its way onto your computer.
However, I have discovered a solution to make this process a little simpler. There are several steps, but the process is free and you don’t have to worry about being invaded by unwanted cookies or malware. After some practice, it’ll be second nature for you to download Facebook videos.
Here are the simple steps that I outline in the video above:
1) Click on the video you want to download. It may help to pause it.
2) Right click on the video. Select “Show video URL.”
3) You’ll see a window pop up at the top of your browser that displays the URL. Highlight the URL.
4) Right click, and select copy.
5) Paste the URL into a new window.
6) Before hitting the enter or search buttons, highlight “https://www” before the “.facebook.com …” and remove it.
7) Type in “mbasic” before the period and facebook. You should now have a link that starts like this: mbasic.facebook.com …
8) Right click inside the video, and select “Save link as”
9) You will now see a window to save your video. You’re done!
After you save the video, you are now free to edit it, add it to YouTube, Vimeo, etc., or put it on Instagram or IGTV. I hope this tool will be as beneficial for you as it has been for me. What other shortcuts or lifehacks have you come across? Feel free to share!
Published October 31, 2018