Collegiate Ministry assists churches and associations in reaching, discipling, and mobilizing every student on every college and university campus in Georgia.
There have been four waves of questions or issues that I’ve been asked to help pastors and churches address during the past few months. The first was “how do we get our worship services online?” The next was “how do we get our giving/offerings online?” The third was “how do we get our Sunday School […]
Developing next generation pianists can seem like a daunting task. Children begin taking piano lessons for many reasons. Most often, it is because their parents want them to learn an instrument. Children arrive at the door of the local piano teacher, and weekly lessons ensue. They typically participate in a few recitals and occasionally enter […]
When we start a new day we all realize deep down inside that there is always uncertainty. We don’t really control the events of the day … not really. So much of life is beyond our control. But to be honest, we don’t think too much about that on a normal day. Normal routines and set schedules […]
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- First and foremost, we must model the kind of growing discipleship that we are encouraging in our students. We must continually be students of scripture and our professional skills.
- We must communicate regularly and effectively with the vital stakeholders of our ministry.
- We must develop a holistic discipleship program in each BCM that embraces students “where they are” as disciples and encourages them to grow further.
- We must train this generation of BCM leaders in such a way that they will be healthy and effective church leaders – now and following their graduation.
- We must train and give opportunities for students to effectively and energetically share the Gospel – utilizing their ever-deepening discipleship and giftedness to impact lostness on our campus(es).
- We must provide students with opportunities for missions and ministry experiences and help them to understand the relationship between growing discipleship and Christian service.
- We must resource the churches as they develop church-based collegiate ministries and partner with those church ministries to develop strategies that reach all collegians in our association/town/area.
- We must be effective managers and stewards of the financial and building resources entrusted to us by the GBMB, local associations, and churches.