Collegiate Ministry assists churches and associations in reaching, discipling, and mobilizing every student on every college and university campus in Georgia.
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
433 Adams Road
Chula, GA 31733
University of West Georgia
201 West Georgia Drive
Carrollton, GA 30117
Georgia College and State University
Georgia Military College
216 N. Clarke Street
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Albany State University
Georgia Southwestern State University
East Georgia State College
Georgia Southern University
Georgia Southern University
201 David-Eliza Fountain Circle
Mount Vernon, GA 30445
Gordon State College
200 Zebulon Street
Barnesville, GA 30204
I couldn’t be more proud of Teresa Royall, our Baptist campus minister at Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta. She ministers in the midst of one of our most culturally-diverse BCMs and recently shared with our staff a series of experiences that impacted her and motivated her to minister more effectively. This is written from […]
As our high school seniors become graduates, it is both a difficult time and one for celebration in the life of a church. That reality is even more difficult this year with the effects of COVID-19. Many of the traditional “rites of passage” simply don’t exist right now. Graduation services are virtual and seem hollow […]
Georgia Baptist Premier Events
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- First and foremost, we must model the kind of growing discipleship that we are encouraging in our students. We must continually be students of scripture and our professional skills.
- We must communicate regularly and effectively with the vital stakeholders of our ministry.
- We must develop a holistic discipleship program in each BCM that embraces students “where they are” as disciples and encourages them to grow further.
- We must train this generation of BCM leaders in such a way that they will be healthy and effective church leaders – now and following their graduation.
- We must train and give opportunities for students to effectively and energetically share the Gospel – utilizing their ever-deepening discipleship and giftedness to impact lostness on our campus(es).
- We must provide students with opportunities for missions and ministry experiences and help them to understand the relationship between growing discipleship and Christian service.
- We must resource the churches as they develop church-based collegiate ministries and partner with those church ministries to develop strategies that reach all collegians in our association/town/area.
- We must be effective managers and stewards of the financial and building resources entrusted to us by the GBMB, local associations, and churches.
BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministries)
BCM is a dynamic partnership with the associations and churches of the Georgia Baptist Mission Board to reach university and college students for Jesus Christ.
WHAT WE DO
- Assisting churches and associations with the development of their ministries with collegians.
- BCMs provide opportunities throughout the year for students to become aware of churches that are interested in involving and ministering to collegians.
- Campus ministers are available to assist churches in collegiate ministry training and speaking opportunities.
- Students (and sometimes student teams) are available who are gifted in music, drama, sign language, DiscipleNow leadership, and other skills. Contact your nearest Campus Minister about these students and teams.
- Returning student missionaries are an excellent source of programming for Sunday night services, Wednesday evenings, and children’s mission activities.
- Students are an almost inexhaustible source of energy for associational mission projects and ministries.
- They also receive valuable experiences in missions that will positively impact the Kingdom of God in the churches they join in the future.
- For those Baptists who like to cook – college students are an endless source of willing “testers” for your latest recipes. Meals and snacks at BCM events are always a blessing for the students, but also provide a great opportunity for churches to fellowship with students in order to invite them to be a part of their churches on Sundays and Wednesday evenings.