About the Foundation
In response to the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ, and keeping with our Baptist heritage, the Georgia Baptist Health Care Ministry Foundation is committed to the continuation of a healthy community. For more than 100 years, the Georgia Baptist Health Care System has offered a ministry of healing to those in need. That ministry continues as we work to offer a wholesome quality of life to the citizens of Georgia and other communities served through needed health care ministries; and to research and develop new health care services that make a positive and measurable difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Georgia Baptist Health Care Ministry Foundation is a supporting organization that primarily provides financial support to the health care ministry of the Georgia Baptist Convention within the state of Georgia. Secondarily, the Ministry Foundation will assist Georgia communities and others we serve with worthwhile health care related programs.
The Georgia Baptist Health Care Ministry Foundation holds charitable assets from which funds are expended in the form of grants supporting heath care needs that benefit organizations and individuals within Georgia and other communities served.
The Georgia Baptist Health Care Ministry Foundation adds value to the grant making process by:
- Strategically identifying and funding organizations with promising programs that address critical community health care needs within specific zones of interest.
- Conducting an evaluation of the performance of funded programs and holding grantees accountable for results. An annual evaluation will be conducted, with more frequent evaluations requested, as needed.
- Directing the attention of the community to successful programs through joint ventures and partnerships with deserving community organizations. The community’s efficient use of the scarce charitable resources of local organizations and programs will be encouraged, resulting in positive community development.
Georgia Baptist Health Care Ministry Foundation emphasizes:
- Christian life and family values
- Compassionate care
- Unconditional acceptance of those we serve
- Reverence for the dignity of each person and the cultural diversity of the community
Georgia Baptist Health Care Ministry Foundation, 4295 Brogdon Exchange, Suwanee, GA 30024-3980, Telephone (770) 497-4174
Copyright ©2023 GBHCMF. All Rights Reserved.